China Mobile Limited
(Incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability under the Companies Ordinance)

Corporate Profile              

China Mobile Limited (the "Company", and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group") was incorporated in Hong Kong on 3 September 1997. The Company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited ("HKEX" or the "Hong Kong Stock Exchange") on 22 October 1997 and 23 October 1997, respectively. The shares of the Company were admitted as a constituent stock of the Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong on 27 January 1998. On 7 May 2021, the NYSE filed a Form 25 with the US Securities and Exchange Commission to strike the Company's ADSs from listing and registration, which took effect on 18 May 2021. On 5 January 2022, the Company's RMB ordinary shares ("RMB Shares" or "A Shares") were listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange ("SSE"). On 13 December 2022, the deregistration of ADS and termination of reporting obligations of the Company became effective.

As the leading ICT services provider in the mainland of China, the Group provides communications and information services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities throughout the mainland of China and in Hong Kong SAR, and boasts a world-class telecommunications and information operator with the world's largest network and customer base, a leading position in profitability, brand value and market value ranking. Its businesses primarily consist of voice, data, broadband, dedicated lines, IDC, cloud computing, IoT and other services in the Customer, Home, Business and New ("CHBN") markets. As of 31 December 2022, the Group had a total of 450,698 employees, and a total of 975 million mobile customers and 272 million wireline broadband customers, with its annual revenue reached RMB937.3 billion.

The Company's ultimate controlling shareholder is China Mobile Communications Group Co., Ltd. ("CMCC"), which, as of 31 December 2022, directly and indirectly held approximately 69.82% of the total number of issued shares of the Company. The remaining approximately 30.18% was held by public investors.

In 2022, the Company was once again selected as one of The Global 2,000 World's Largest Public Companies by Forbes magazine and Fortune magazine's Global 500 list. The China Mobile brand was once again listed in BrandZ™ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2022 by Millward Brown ranking 88. Currently, the Company's corporate credit ratings are equivalent to China's sovereign credit ratings, namely, A+/Outlook Stable from Standard & Poor's and A1/Outlook Stable from Moody's.

updated 25th April, 2023

  • Company's Index

  • © Copyright 1996-2023 Ltd. All rights reserved.
    DISCLAIMER: Ltd makes no guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on this website. Under no circumstances shall Ltd be liable for damages resulting from the use of the information provided on this website.
    TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT: All intellectual property rights subsisting in the contents of this website belong to Ltd or have been lawfully licensed to Ltd for use on this website. All rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved. Reproduction of this website in whole or in part without the express written permission of Ltd is strictly prohibited.
    TERMS OF USE: Please read the Terms of Use governing the use of our website.